Format: 6-game guarantee pool to elimination bracket. College exposure with 500 college coaches in town recruiting. We will once again evaluate 14U teams for placement in the following divisions: Power Pool, Supplemental Power Pool, and Open Division. 14U will play in Northern CO and 12U will play in Colorado Springs.
Age Cutoff Date: Dec. 31, 2020
Awards: 1st-4th place team awards. 1st & 2nd place individual awards.
Game Times Available: June 7, 2021 after 5 p.m. MST.
All Star Games: We will once again have special games for 12U and 14U divisions on Monday, June 28. These will be open for you to register after the first of the year.
Elite College Camps: On Monday, June 28 we will host 8 instructional clinics each run by an entire staff of a university. We will list these camps after the 1st of the year on this website.
2020 marks the 17th year for the Triple Crown Sparkler tournament. In 2019, 900 teams played in the event and more than 2,500 girls participated in our Showcase All-Star games each evening at the Christopher and Barnes Complexes.
14 & Under- all play will once again take place in Northern Colorado with The Ballpark at Erie being our hub for Power Pools and Barnes in Loveland serving as our base for the open division.
12 & Under- after a successful 2018 debut, this age group will again return to Colorado Springs for year three!
"I continue to be amazed by TCS Tournaments as whole. TCS runs the best tournaments from start to finish than any other organization. The Sparkler specifically is quite an undertaking, and every year I walk away amazed at how well the tournament is run. From games times you can count on, to professionalism by the staff, to education of the college recruiting process. EXCELLENT!!" --Lady Hustle, CA
"I have to let you know that this was the first time I had been to the Sparkler and it was everything the people said it was. It was the best-run tournament I have been involved with in 10 years of coaching. I was very impressed with everything from the fields, the umpires and the people at the fields to answer questions." --Anonymous
"I wanted to thank you and tell you how grateful we were to participate in the Sparkler this year. It was with out a doubt the most professionally-run tournament we have played all year. We appreciate all that you did to arrange the (off-field) discount fun events and the overall experience of all three of our teams was totally positive! You can count us in for next year at the Sparkler!" --Missouri Revolution
"I am the coach's wife and our daughter went to Virginia Tech on a softball scholarship. We have been to a lot of tournaments through the years, but we have never been to a tournament that has been so informative and helpful with anything and everything, as this one has! You guys have done a great job and I wanted to let you know it. I don't think people stop and think how difficult it is to put on a tournament of this size. We do appreciate all that you have done!! Forward this to the entire committee, our hats are off to you all." --Diamond Dusters, WV
"Extremely well run from all respects. I am an executive with a Fortune 500 company and what you and your staff are able to pull off was nothing short of exceptional. The level of execution to be able to run events across multiple zip codes and involving hundreds of staff, volunteer, site directors, etc. was impressive."--Cal Breeze, CA
Sparkler Juniors Frequently Asked Questions
1. LODGING- This is a 100% stay to play event and no buyout is planned. Teams are required to book a minimum of 35 nights within the block to be bracketed into the event. Teams can not book lodging until paid and registered into the event.
2. OPEN DIVISION LOCATIONS- The 14u division is played in Northern Colorado with the city of LOVELAND serving as the hub. All fields are within 30 minutes of Loveland. The 12u division is played entirely in Colorado Springs with the Skyview Complex serving as the hub. All fields are within 15 minutes of Skyview.
3. POWER POOL LOCATIONS- The 14u Power Pools will be played in Erie and at Barnes in Loveland on Tuesday- Thursday. Teams advancing to the TV bracket on Thursday will play at the Aurora Sports Park. Bracket play Friday- Sunday will take place in Erie and at Barnes in Loveland.
4. MANAGERS MEETING- A video is available on the main Sparkler Juniors page. All teams are responsible for viewing the video and understanding it. Questions can be addressed to the tournament director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. MANAGER CHECK IN- A team representative is required to check in during the player parties on Monday, June 28.
6. PLAYER PARTIES- The 14u player party will be held in Loveland at Barnes on Monday, June 28 from 11:00am - 2:00pm. We'll have food, music, plenty of vendors and lots of fun. Address 405 S Cleveland, Loveland, Co 80537
The 12u party will take place from 4:00pm - 7:00pm at Skyview in Colorado Springs and be centered around the 12u All Star Games! We'll have food, vendors, music and carnival rides to make this a night to remember! Address 2890 Resnik, Colorado Springs, Co 80916
7. PIN TRADING- We will offer formal pin trading as part of the 12u player party. We see pin trading at the 14u party but will not offer it formally. Towels will be available for sale in our Sparkler Juniors merchandise tent.
8. GATE- There will be NO GATE at all Sparkler Juniors facilities. A gate fee will be in place at the two main complexes (Christopher Fields and the Aurora Sports Park) for 16's, 18's, and specialty events. If you are playing in the 14u Power Pool All Star Games or the 14u Power Pool TV Bracket at the Aurora Sports Park or just visiting, a gate fee will be charged (coaches and players get in free).
9. ALL STAR GAMES- 14u Monday, June 28 at Barnes in Loveland for the Open Division and at the Aurora Sports Park in Aurora for the Power Pool teams. 12u at Skyview in Colorado Springs. All games will be no conflict with your teams tournament games.
10. DIVISIONS/ FORMATS- 14u will feature several divisions; Open, Supplemental Power Pools, and the Power Pools which require an application if your team did not receive an invite. Power Pool format is three pool, to cross pool/tv bracket, modified double elimination to single elimination championship. Open division will play four pool seeding into Gold, Silver and Bronze modified double elimination brackets to single elimination championships for each. Supplemental Power Pools will play four pool with top seed playing in the Power Pool bracket. 12u will feature four pool seeding into Gold, Silver modified double elimination brackets to single elimination for each.
11. SCHEDULES- All play begins Tuesday. 14u Power Pools- pool games Tuesday, Wednesday. TV bracket and cross pool games Thursday. Double elimination Friday, Saturday. Single elimination for top eight Sunday. 14u Open- pool games Tuesday - Thursday. Open teams will play 2 of these days and have the other day off to enjoy Colorado. Double elimination Friday, Saturday with the final eight in Gold, Silver and Bronze to single elimination on Sunday. 12u final format TBD at this time.
12. PLAYING RULES/ BATS- The event uses NFHS rules with a few Triple Crown modifiers. Please refer to the rules section of this web page for details.
13. COOLERS, CONCESSIONS & FOOD- For the 14u event there are no cooler or outside food restrictions. Some fields will have concessions with the exception of Rolland Moore, Barnes, Twin Rivers. Please plan accordingly. For the 12u event we'll have concessions/ food trucks at all parks with the exception of Goose Gossage where we finish up the silver championship Saturday night. There are no cooler or outside food restrictions at El Pomar, Leon Young or Goose Gossage. The concessionaire at Skyview will often try to enforce a cooler restriction; bring them in and we'll fight the fight with you as best we can.